Department of Materials
Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering
CTU in Prague
The fractographic laboratory of the Department of Materials is the scientific and pedagogical workplace of the Faculty of Nuclear and Physical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague. It was founded in 1973 by prof. Ing. Ivan Nedbal, CSc.
At present, the work of the fractographic laboratory is focused on the following activities:
- development and preparation of methodological procedures of fractographic analyses,
- fractographic analysis of in-service failures and accidents,
- study of failure of complex mechanical systems, estimation of service life of structures,
- engineering and technological consulting,
- basic and applied research in solid state physics and physical metallurgy.